Are you looking to make the most of your holiday season by renting a golf cart in Florida? Then you’ve come to the right place! Beach Ride Rental offers safe and legal transportation during your vacation, allowing you to explore all that the area has to offer.
This blog post will discuss all the information necessary for a successful rental experience. But, before getting started, any potential driver or renter of a street-legal golf cart in Florida needs to understand the pertinent requirements and regulations. So buckle up, and let’s get rolling!
At Beach Ride Rental, we offer various LSV models designed for all types of terrain. This includes both electric and gas-powered vehicles. Our electric LSVs will provide you with a smooth ride no matter the landscape, and our gas-powered cars have the power needed to handle more challenging conditions.
In addition, we also have golf carts that come fully outfitted with features like DVD players, Bluetooth speakers, and special lighting packages.
When choosing your LSV from Beach Ride Rental, it’s essential to consider the laws in Florida regarding these types of vehicles:
Florida Laws Regarding Golf Carts
Before allowing golf carts to travel on or cross a public road or street, the responsible local governmental entity must carefully consider and evaluate several factors. These factors include speed, volume, and character of motor vehicle traffic.
The entity must also determine that golf carts can safely operate on the designated road or street before permission is granted. Once this decision has been made, the appropriate signage will be erected to indicate that the operation of golf carts is allowed.
In addition, if a golf cart is intended to be operated on any part of the State Highway System, certain conditions must be met first.
Before crossing a portion of the highway system with a golf cart, there must be an assessment of whether it can safely do so and comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
Beach Ride Rental encourages customers to always adhere to all relevant legal requirements when operating their vehicles on roads and streets to enjoy their trip safely and responsibly.
A Look at the Rules
There’s plenty to know, but here’s a summary of Florida golf carting:
- Anyone operating an LSV must be 14 years old or older and have a valid driver’s license or learner permit. It is also important to note that some cities and counties may have additional regulations surrounding their use – so be sure to check before you rent one from us!
- Under Florida law, an LSV can only travel on roads at speeds less than 25 miles per hour. They must also be registered and insured like any other vehicle.
- You can only operate a golf cart on a country road designated by the municipal state or county for using golf carts.
- You can only operate a golf cart between sunrise and sunset unless the responsible government entity has determined otherwise.
- A golf cart must be equipped with
- Brake lights
- Efficient brakes
- A reliable steering apparatus,
- A rearview mirror
- A windshield
- Turn signals
- Safe tires
- Red reflectorized warn divides for both the front and rear
- The local government can enact an ordinance regarding golf cart operations and equipment.
Please Note That:
Any violation of this section is a noncriminal traffic infraction, punishable pursuant to chapter 318 as a moving violation for infractions of the subsection.
Please Book Your Golf Cart with Beach Ride Rental Today!
You must follow Florida state’s requirements to ride your golf cart on the street. We can help you find a street-legal golf cart that meets all of them. Give us a call or book online today!
Beach Ride Rental company is a stroller for rules. In addition, we do free delivery and pick-up on all rentals, so sit back and relax.
Our company serves the following locations:
- Clearwater Beach
- Downtown St Pete
- Gulfport Beach
- Indian Rocks Beach
- Madeira Beach
- St. Pete Beach
- Palm Harbor
- Safety Harbor
- Treasure Island
So what are you waiting for? Get out there and enjoy the sun! Please book early for your golf cart to be reserved. Contact us.